About Lead Paint: Something You Might Not Know
Lead is a poisonous substance found in the paint used in our commercial or residential premises. Dust that comes from flaking and peeling old paint is the primary source of lead. Usually, lead poisoning occurs in homes built before 1970 because usage of lead in painting products was banned in Australia after the 70s. The limit for lead in paint by Australian NHMRC was 0.5% for domestic use. But as long as your lead paint is in good condition, it’s okay. The problem arises when the paint starts to peel and you see lead flakes in every corner.
What Happens When You Ingest Lead
Lead poisoning is a serious health issue for kids mostly under the age of 7 than the adults. Because they have the tendency to put almost everything in their mouth and you definitely would not risk their lives. Even your pets can be affected by lead for the same reason.
For pregnant women, even a low level of lead can be dangerous as it can affect the growth of the child. It can cause a premature birth too. So just to be sure a blood test is recommended to determine if there is the lead in blood and if yes then take immediate action to remove lead-based paint with the help of experts.
A high level of lead can affect kidneys, blood cells, brain and even cause your death. Appetite loss, vomiting, headache, muscle weakness etc. some symptoms if you are affected by lead.
Lead dust can contaminate the soil around the residential area and it might be dangerous if you are gardening or cultivating vegetables.
To avoid any of these hazards, you can easily test your paint if it has lead to it or not. To reduce the risks, hire an expert lead paint removal company with a proven track record.
Lead Paint Removal Service Sydney – Experienced & Trained Staff
Priority One Coatings has the experience, knowledge and trained employees to complete any lead-based paint removal job. Lead Removal is a specialist field and our employees are accredited and extensively trained to ensure a safe work environment and the job completed efficiently for our clients.
We have a step by step process of lead removal including a written certificate from the Waste Transfer Station to ensure the hazardous material is disposed of with care and attention and in accordance with Industry Standards and Health requirements.
- Over 25 years of professional experience
- Always put customers’ needs ahead of ours
- Meets and exceeds industry standards
- Experienced and trained employees
- Work closely with the colour experts
- Weekend and night time availability
- Dulux accredited, member of the Master Painters Association
Lead Paint Removal Jobs Completed:
- HMAS Waterhen.
- Lancer Barracks.
- Garden Island.
- Holsworthy Army Barracks.
- Paterson Police Station.
- Junee Police Station.
- Ariah Police Station.
- Master Painters Gold License.
- Dulux Preferred Commercial Applicators.
- Lead Paint Removal Accredited by Master Painters.
- Public Liability Insurance.
- Home Warranty Insurance.
- Workers Compensation Insurance.
- Occupational Health & Safety Compliant with complete OH&S System in place
Get a free quote
Unit 7, 46-48 Buffalo Rd, Gladesville NSW 2111
Phone:02 9808 5900
Mobile:0418 272 035
- I have found PRIORITY ONE COATINGS to be reliable, professional and committed to achieving a quality job within programme constraints.Read more...
- Observatory Tower, a prestige high rise residential apartment building in Sydney’s CBD, uses PRIORITY ONE COATINGS for external and internal painting. Their service and standard of work is of the highest quality and we are pleased to recommend them.Read more...
- Danny, I am writing to acknowledge the high quality of workmanship that we constantly receive on our projects from PRIORITY ONE COATINGS.You & your painters attention to detail & understanding of the works to be completed & the tight timeframes we that we encounter on various projects, Read more...
- “A tough job done with complete professionalism”!Read more...
- PRIORITY ONE COATINGS were highly recommended and I find them to be a highly professional contractor.Read more...